View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 10:23 AM   #49
Grunt31

As everyone else says LEGAL IS LEGAL. But how many guys out in La Jolla have gone out on countless trips for a YT or WSB and come ashore with a sunburn and a "RELAXING" trip and "ENJOYED" the scenery?...tons of people. Who knows maybe that's his first thresher he has ever pulled in and he wanted to try it. I doubt many if any know that guys back story. The ocean is not always a Red Lobster for EVERYONE. You can't just drop a bait down and be like YUP! I want the 70# YT! You get what you get and you don't throw a fit...it comes down to the individual's rules of thumb, or realization of this is my first legal hook up in 5 years on the hunt.. I want the taste! Now I can understand some could look down upon the individual if he was a Thresher Slayer and had smaller models mounted on his walls, a thresher skin wallet-belt-hat-or boots. But a post on craigslist doesn't show that. I don't even eat fish and have let everything go I have ever caught, but by all means if you take a legal trophy or trophies home to cook up, Im'a tell you that I hope it tastes great. Either way guys and gals.... Work harder so you can get on the water faster and fishing is your serenity, your peace. As long as you go by the book.... Don't let anyone ruin your time out
Grunt31 is offline   Reply With Quote