View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 06:32 PM   #12
robmandel

I am in envy of your success on the water. but your parting words are a somber reminder.

we really have to ask, what kind of country do we live in when we are under assault of basic liberties such as fishing. I fear that dark cloud on the horizon portends of awful things coming.

this process sickens me to the core. the anger and rage is not simply "gee, I can't fish there" but in recognizing that we no longer are a republic but are living ever more and more under a tyrannical and oppressive government. call me extreme, but what else wold you call it?

that we have to fight as we have done, that it is assumed that the government can do this to us and that we have to plead in some medieval star chamber for basic freedoms, leaves one feeling depressed at the least.

folks, we're not fighting just to keep our fishing grounds open, we're fighting to maintain the belief that we are a free people, that our actions are our own, that the limits imposed on each of us extend only to the degree that we cause no pain or injury or loss to another.

see y'all on the 21st. and somebody better take my speaker card from me because if I get to the podium, bet your ass I ain't gonna be too pleasant.
robmandel is offline   Reply With Quote