View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 07:46 PM   #8
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblehide View Post
It sounds like all you really need to figure out is how to mount your Pelican box. It's pretty easy, just use an angle gauge (Home Depot has them) to figure out the angle of your hull, then use some plastic of an appropriate width, thickness, and length, as a spacer from your topside to being level with or just above your crown and bolt through using some 5200 or the like.

However, if your installing a battery box, you might want to think about mounting it inside the yak, to as you stated, keep the center of gravity low.
Not for a battery box, just gear storage. When I get my finder all will be ran and mounted inside.just need someplace to keep tackle and tools. And leave enough space for a couple flush mounts. But good info on the angle gauge. Probably a dumb question but what is 5200? I'm guessing its a grade of stainless but I'm a laymen when it comes to this stuff.

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote