Thread: 05-04-08
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #12
lamb

Sorry to hear that Chuck... Sure sounds like some good times while you were on it. Think about it this way - if it was that big, and it was dark, crappy weather and all - I'm sure releasing it would have crossed your mind anyways. I'd settle for that if I was in the same situation.

Now, on the news of the breaking news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKHORSE View Post
...but with the new Hobie Mirage system it worked. She kept swimming and pulling hard, but after buttoning down the drag and leadering her with my hands a couple of times while pedaling (hands free fishing fishing) I achieved a previously impossible task. I used the rudder to duplicate the same size circle she kept doing, put the rod in the holder while holding onto the line, and used the pedals to keep my hands just in front of her head (away from the huge tail that had taken a couple of swings already).
Is congratulations in order Josh, are you on the bike team??

You'd have to have to give your Malibu X a credit for all that big fish it put you on in WCW 07.

Some prostaff deal or self driven decision? Do tell, the mob wants to know...

I have to admit - back when we were fishing Catalina, I kept looking at the guys on Hobies effortlessly passing by my in all that crappy wind and chop...

And before I forget - there is this great guy Nate, who's running an awesome Hobie shop up in Oceanside:

http://www.oeexpress.com/oceanside-store.html

Tell him you heard about it on BWE - Nate will hook you up fo' sho!

And did I mention Hobie kayaks are available at BWE's web store???