Thread: 05-04-08
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 05:55 PM   #13
THE DARKHORSE

Sorry for offending you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Burro Blanco View Post
Perhaps if they spent more time patting themselves on the back they could fish with more drag.
I guess you are one of those people. Maybe, you have nothing better to do and are just happy with the hook-up. I choose to focus my time on the big-three and really don't appreciate the extended fight of relatively small sharks (#50 pups) with light drag (not to mention sucking the life out of your reel's drag system, for what). I don't think using more drag has anything to do with patting myself on the back. It's a style of fishing I enjoy, that if anything enables a healthy release (nothing else). Not to mention the fact that when on a constantly moving light craft how much pressure are you actually putting on the fish? Agreed, this will require confidence in your line and knot strength and maybe a couple of clicks to that thing on your right. You know what bro, your avatar says it all.

Hey Chuck, get the hell out there for the "re-match". I can guarantee there is a big Thresher with your name on it (if not your hook). Don't sweat that fish, as landing a biggun in the dark is completely crazy.
THE DARKHORSE is offline   Reply With Quote