View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 08:01 PM   #194
Fish Taco

I grew up in San Diego... eating plenty of good Mexican food. My first trip to San Felipe with my wife and two other couples.... well, we got extremely hammered and ended up on the street one evening indulging in fish and shrimp tacos from a street vendor with a cart... man, best tasting tacos I think I ever had.

Since then, fish tacos have become one of my most favorite foods (and probably half of SoCal as well!)...

Anyway, when I first bought my kayak from CJ at OEX in 2011... I lived on Long Island in NY... my ride is pretty tricked out and I thought long and hard for a good name for her. New Yorker's aren't clued in yet on how good fish tacos are... and I thought it would be a memorable name for my first serious fishing kayak. As it turns out, as I joined several message boards using it as my screen name, as well as joining the Kayak Fishing Association of NY (KFA-NY) it became my member name as well. It was sort of my homage to my hometown of San Diego and where I'm from. Was also hoping it might bring some good mojo to my kayak someday... and provide plenty of fish tacos!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MalibuStealth14_06 copy.jpg (64.4 KB, 115 views)

Redondo Beach, CA
2011 Malibu Stealth 14
Fish Taco is offline   Reply With Quote