View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 12:13 AM   #3
Drake

The tarpon 140 is A LOT of boat. 14' is huge. How long have you had the PA? Knee problems shouldn't be an issue peddling the mirage drive. Especially on the PA, you can change how you sit to alter the muscle groups in your legs used to peddle. When my quads get tired, I slouch back and begin using my hamstrings combined with pushing off my back to change completely how I push the peddles. I don't know what prior knee problems you have, but a really good stretch routine can help relieve some discomfort.

Ask yourself if you REALLY need 14' of kayak, or even 13.5 with the ride. WS just put out the ride 115, which to me is plenty of boat for fishing anywhere on the west coast. I've been out here with a S12, a Tarpon 120 and now a PA and to be completely honest, the PA is slight overkill. The only reason I got it was because it was a great deal, I'm a taller guy and like to sight cast standing up so stability was key. You're not standing on a tarpon 140. It's just not designed like that.

The bigger the boat the bigger the hull, and surface area. Current, wind, swells and waves will have more impact and you. I haven't looked into it, but if I were a betting man I would bet the Ride 115 is more stable than the T140. Look it over.
Good luck