View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 07:47 AM   #9
FISH11

Went again yesterday, to the same areas and found less kelp paddies. Did find the areas holding many DoDos. like before I was trolling and covered large areas. I also trolled a popper I bought for tuna trips. I trolled at many speeds up to 11mph. even used some small swim baits, nothing got any love. Several boats around spread out. Talked to a couple guys on a CC, that were also working around a small paddy. They had no luck either with the jigs. I saw them land a number of varying size DoDos. They said the only thing that was working was, to toss an anchovy or sardine in the middle of any small disturbance on the surface. It looked like in playing around the DoDos would get several DoDos bumping each other and if you tossed a bait in that disturbance it would likely get hit. I mean they would just keep swimming by and it would happen within 20' of the boat. I tried to make some bait at the pier but the Cal Wave buoy is no longer there, so no large bait balls. I even took some squid and the DoDos ignored it. Had a #1 bait hook on 25lb Fluorocarbon leader that I used on Tuna Boat trips and had the hook covered with a squid strip. Never seen fish not eat squid. Never in the 3 trips did I spot any Tuna foamers. Going to keep trying as long as they stay in the areas of the North Nine.

Last edited by FISH11; 08-24-2022 at 07:56 AM.
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote