Thread: Your turn
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 09:20 AM   #6
Bigal
Junior

April 2017, Near Makoville

Hey Bob, I hope that your recovery is swift. Though I have not met you, I know that you kick butt. I have done a couple of HOW events, and I also went down to Gonzaga twice last year.You have a great rep in both communities.

Anyhow, I thought I'd share a few pics from my first trip to your favorite area of Baja. Fished Gonzaga last April for 5 days during Spring Break with my buddy and caught more small yellows off our yaks in 3 days than we had caught off the yaks in all previous years combined. We were lucky and had almost no wind for the entire trip. We also caught an insane number of sierra along with cabrilla, triggers, hogfish and bonefish. Super fun! We camped on the beach for a few days at El Faro. We also spent a night at Playa Grande and a night on the porch of a couple of guys we met on the water. Tranquilo...

Did a similar trip with one of my sons and a nephew. Holy guacamole! Hottest trip ever. It was 118 in the desert and 99 when we reached camp at 10pm. We only lasted two nights. The fishing might have been good, but we spent more time in the water trying to cool off than fishing.

Next week, I am headed down again to the Bahia with my buddy and maybe a friend who I met bluefin fishing this year. Hope that you are breaking in that "i walk 2.0" right now!

BTW- I saw that killer skiff waiting for you at OEX about a month ago... I think that I might also have a pic of it, if you haven't had time to grab it yet. Sweet looking ride!

Oops.. I will figure out the sideways pics another time.

Attachment 23187

Attachment 23188

Attachment 23189

Attachment 23190
Bigal is offline   Reply With Quote