View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 03:19 PM   #1
tbouldin10
Junior

First Fishing Kayak help

Hello all, I am new to the forum and looking forward to getting to interact throughout these forums as time goes on. I have been freshwater bass fishing fishing all my life here in Orange County, Ca. I now go to college in Indiana and am looking to buy a fishing kayak for all the public ponds around campus. Small streams and ponds is what I will be fishing on. No rough lakes or raging rivers, and I am 6'2" and weigh 215 pounds. As I would love to own a Hobie, remember I am on a college student budget. I have looked at the Sun Dolphin Journey 10 as an option. Looks fairly good from what I have read. $300 is a great price and Walmart is easy to go to for pick up. I am a serious bass angler so I will be attaching my Lowrence Elite 4x w/ CHIRP. I have the head unit but need a transducer and I am hoping to install it on the inside of the bottom of the boat. Any help on transducers for this would be awesome. Whether you have a spare hanging around that I could buy off you or any links for new ones as well. I am hoping to spend about $500 on this project. That would include Kayak, paddle, fish finder installation, Milk crate/box for the back and roof rack for my smaller SUV. Thank you all!
tbouldin10 is offline   Reply With Quote