View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 08:42 AM   #5
crashcrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
I should have gone out on Saturday - but decided to attend the Battle of the Bays Tournament Check-in instead.
Sunday it was 2-3 foot surf with the occasional 4 footer breaking at the launch. Got turned sideways and the next wave rolled me on the way out - friggin PA's turn like aircraft carriers. Didn't loose anything and made it out the next try.
Off the point is was really windy and choppy - didn't see a single tuna crab, and after two hours only several taps on the flatfall. Decided to call it a day and head in.
Timed the surf perfectly and thought I had it made, but in waste deep water the backwash stopped the kayak dead in the water and the next big wave turned me sideways and rolled me again. I guess it is always a successful day when you come home with all the gear you started with.
Glad I always keep a beach towel stashed in the truck - I sure needed it...

The waves were pretty big at the launch this weekend for sure, I thought I made it past and then a set came from outside and swamped me a few times but I made it through. I usually jump out on the way in when its chest to waist deep to avoid a flip. I can only imagine doing that in a PA.

Mike
crashcrow is offline   Reply With Quote