View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 04:15 PM   #4
Salty

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemustard View Post
Thanks for the heads up and advice! there's ten knot w/nw winds friday how would a kayak handle in them, haven't really paid attention to the winds but debating to head north or south.
Welcome! I fish out of Dana Point just about once a week or more. Wind direction and speed will have a big impact on how much fun you're having out there. It also depends where you're fishing. I usually go North out of the harbor towards the red buoy or the kelp beds offshore of Salt Creek. But there's plenty of fishing South and in the harbor itself. As far as 10 knots, that's not great but it's still manageable. I like to launch at sunrise, depending how lazy I'm feeling that morning lol. Conditions look good and wind should be really light all morning, so it should be glassy! It peaks at only 8kts out of the West at 3pm. That means when I'm heading back from up North, the wind will be off to the starboard side and I won't be going in against the wind. A tailwind would be nice, but I'll take what I can get! The report shows a nice tide push all morning, which I also like to see!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9060.jpg (43.9 KB, 111 views)

Last edited by Salty; 08-05-2020 at 04:44 PM.
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote