View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 01:53 PM   #13
PAL

Thank you everyone! I'm working on non-profit backing for this year's edition. We'll put the funding to work here in the Southern California community. We are looking at three worthy causes:

1. The National Foundation for Autism Research, which runs the NFAR Tech program as well as the local Race for Autism. They offer many supports and grants for autistic kids and their parents.

2. Circle of Friends, a national social inclusion program for school children. COF was founded in Los Angeles. It runs like a club, matching high performing students with those with disabilities. No one knows who's who. This tremendous program is beneficial for everyone who participates, but most especially for kids who are dealing with difficulties. All of us need friends.

3. And finally, the cause that so many of you generously supported last year, the James Lebowitz Memorial Cal Poly Pomona University Computer Science Scholarship. In just over 100 days we raised enough money to create a permanent endowment that awards a scholarship every year, in perpetuity, helping young people much like James. My family is working to grow it so it can support more students in the future.

I can't say thank you enough. So thank-you, thank-you, thank-you.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote