View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 06:15 PM   #1
brew
I Exercise Fish

Mag Bay Jan 2017 Trip Report

I have been slacking about getting this report up. I know a lot of you are looking forward to it... So here we go...

Three of us took 12 days for this trip and that was a good length (Could easily make 3 weeks out of it if you were retired). We left Dec 28th.

My living room for a few weeks before the trip:

I have two 2X10' running perpendicular to my bed. they are covered with 3/4" foam on top for cushioning and have eye bolts in the center and sides for tie down straps. We could have easily done 4 kayaks (and two below, but would have no room for any "Stuff").

We hit the border just as the sun was coming up.

Stopping to get our tourist Visas:

First stop was for tacos in Ensenada. Wish I remembered the name because it was excellent. See the red sauce... that $h1+ was hot! Leo loved it and said he knew it was good because it made his teeth itch! (Sorry... I already had one down before I thought about a pic)

Next up was a long drive to Shari's. Still cloudy and supposed to rain. Here is a scenery shot of the drive.

We were treated to one of the most incredible sunsets. It just kept getting brighter and more colorful. It even had a bright reflection off the water for a while.

With the short days it was dark before we got to Shari's place. Luckily I've been there before, so it was not a problem. We checked in with Shari and then went to grab dinner. Excellent meal and we were all looking forward to fishing Isla Asuncion the next day. I stayed up for an hour or so rigging up.

Food pics... again a little late Chile Relleno, and Chicken Quesadillas

Part 2 to follow...
brew is offline   Reply With Quote