View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 02:50 PM   #24
stevie951
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodydecks View Post
Andy's pretty much got all the answers handled.

The cameras are throwaway 35mm. For the kayak division take a photo on the beach before you launch. Sets the time and place. Then stick it in the plastic zipock and stow away until you get back to the beach with your catch. Then snap a pic of your catch before you haul all your gear back to the truck/car.

The cameras then are developed after the weekend and before any checks are written to confirm the rules were followed. We know you guys are a tight knit group and will probably be fishing next to each other watching each other like hawks so taking a pic of every fish as it's caught with a crappy non waterproof camera isn't necessary. You are more than welcome to take pics with your own cameras or ours while on the water, it's just not required.

The yellowtail tournament has a huge raffle with only anglers showing up getting 1 ticket. If you don't show, no raffle ticket... Makes the odds way better. Majority of the raffle prizes are for all anglers kayak and boat. There is kayak specific raffle prizes as well from what I'm told.
Check out the raffle prizes as they come in.
https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/fo...-shootout.380/

A HUGE stack of Yeti coolers just came in for give away, couple Traeger grills, Reels from all the manufacturers, rods, sunglasses, etc.

On Sunday we have a local chef representing Traeger Grills cooking up bbq on the Traeger grills as well as sides, dessert and beer being served by the CCA (have to do it this way to be legal).

Each angler also gets an anglers bag worth easily over $100. Hooks, JRI jigs, line, hats, shirts, drinks, all sorts of stuff again this year.
Too bad some of us will be down south in San Quintin, hunting butt, seems very fun though! Hopefully if all goes well we can get another one going later in the season when the bite is really on and more local for the kayakers.. I'd mark my calendar for sure! Cheers to supporting the community!!

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote