View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #18
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTboosted View Post
Ouch!!

I carry a knife on my pfd and cant count how many times it has helped me. From safety issues to landing a fish with tangled lines.

I carry this one. Its only $15. I probably got it for $9 during a sale but its a good deal either way. I use it every outing and it has minimal rust.

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004ZAIXSC
Based on your recommendation, I received one of these Swedish knives from Amazon today. There are other options, but I ordered the 4" blade in stainless steel, in black color.

It's exceptionally well built. Stout and wicked-sharp like a razor blade, straight out of the box. High tech plastic and nice desiqn quality in all respects. Excellent size for a kayak or to clip on a PFD. It's light. I mounted mine on a "stretch paracord" to hang around my neck under my PFD, along with my line clippers & alert whistle. I had a one-hand-flip-folder there before, but it's nowhere near as sharp and I always have to clean and oil to keep the joint smooth.

Thank you for the recommendation. For build quality and sharpness, this is a winner. Especially for the low price. Great value for minimal outlay.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 06-22-2017 at 01:02 PM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote