View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 02:31 PM   #36
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellcon View Post
Ignore the haters... somethings will never change
I just love Christmas, the Holiday Spirit and love you see on the boards.

Spirit with Spirits it's always a interesting combination.

I don't think anyone is hating here (well maybe there's a tiny bit of hate from the same old few as you say)..all I see is a clever marketing ploy designed to get greater contributions for the PSO, and a debate about it's merits now that it's been put in action.

Everyone likes acknowledgment.I guess we all need mirrors to remind us who we are. I'm no different. Obviously some want others to know exactly what they've given, exactly how much they have contributed to the cause, and they see it as some kind of badge of honor. Damn!!! If that's what they need to get motivated: More power to them!!!!!

Personally I'd say it's unnecessary as we're all fisherman, kinda in the same boat, and most of us who really care already support the people who we feel are working for our behalf. I mean I know I do and I imagine you do as well. I just personally don't feel it's necessary for me to wear it on my sleeve or post it in my signature line, but if it works for you ..Go For It!!!

I guess it's all about how you look at it. To me this discussion reminds me of something I heard in church a long time ago. Our new fresh out of seminary preacher was giving a very well researched and thought out sermon on tithing. His second one in as many months. He talked about the merits, the biblical precedent, how that giving ten percent of your income would reward you ten fold. It went on and on and after a good while one of the old timers sitting next to me turned to his wife and said: "I could use a little less talk about who's given what, and a little more talk about loving the Lord." Without being self righteous, and in the best of the Holiday spirit I gotta say: Amen to that one.

Jim

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 12-26-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote