View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 11:22 AM   #2
DanaPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPevin View Post
Hey, sorry if this is repetitive, I tried the search feature and couldn't quite find what I was after.

This would be in regards to fishing out of Dana, but I suppose is universal to any spot.

So without a fishfinder/gps we have just been finding structure/fish and dropping and saving pins on our phones. It has been working alright for us so far.

I'm familiar with what the hoop net Buoys look like for lobstering. We were thinking of heading out and trying to mark some to find new spots. My question I guess is, would there be some sort of etiquette? Like not getting to close to the buoy or whatnot? Obviously I'm not going to be messing with anyone's gear. But don't want someone else thinking we are. I suppose everything would be fine, but just wondering if any of you have had any experiences marking the Buoys and had anything happen that we could learn from.

Thanks
It would be irresponsible for you to ignore them. Watch out for the commercial guys they have no problems speeding up to their spot. If your near their pots, they seem to care very little about sending a wake your way.

For sure you'll see the pipe and other reefs next week with markers from the commercial guys.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote