View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #9
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDCh View Post
A freind of mine told me to try one of these out, which I did, but no luck so far, although being new to them I may be doing something wrong. I believe that for saltwater you can only have two hooks rigged while the other points are dummies.
Check the state regs on this one before loading up all the wires with hooks. California Regs. as I have been told by two well know guides here in San Diego only permit 3 lines to have hooks on them, the other 2 lines it is recommended that you put a spinner blade to help attract the fish. Check with Bill Schaffer and James Nelson and the guys and Anglers Arsenal they can fill you in more. I'll check the reg book to see if I can see where it may be published.

Found this on California DFG:
How many hooks for sand dabs and how many for halibut?
Question: How many hooks can be used when fishing for sand dabs? I was planning on using a Sabiki rig. How many hooks can I have on such a rig? Also, how many hooks can I have on my line while fishing for halibut? Is there a limit to the number in either of these situations? (Chris Jones)
Answer:There are no hook restrictions unless rockfish or salmon are onboard. If either species is onboard, then only two hooks may be used.
Still looking for more information.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote