View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 04:59 AM   #12
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARRIORMIKE View Post
Thanks for all your help on this. Was hoping to get more educated on the CCA from a reputable fishing veteran like yourself. Maybe to much to ask? Especially since I've done more freshwater fishing then salt. Didn't even know these program existed until I saw your post.

Happy Kayaking sir......
I think Mike asks a question similar to what I have been noodling over. Since I began fishing in California there has been 3 or 4 of these organizations that seemed to copy the mission statements from the previous organization. I bought their hats. I displayed their stickers. I donated. I joined. I sent them recurring monthly donations, which they continued to take even after effectively disbanding. Quite honestly, I felt they were impotent in fighting for our rights in most cases. I am trying not to be cynical and I don't know what the answer is but a frilly mission statement does nothing for me. What did they do for us last year? Specifically, what are they doing for us today? I did Google it and got the same platitudes. I asked the same types of questions before I started supporting HOW when I was in the states and liked the answers and supported them as best I could.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote