Thread: June Bugs...
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 09:23 AM   #1
Saba Slayer

June Bugs...

The F&G Commission had a meeting on the 10th in Mammoth Lakes and discussed the new proposed lobster regulations...so...I thought I'd combine a little business and pleasure with a trip to the beautiful Eastern Sierras, the June Lake Loop was my destination.
Time for a road trip with the Pro Angler...headed up highway 14 out of Mojave.

The only bummer about having the PA on a trailer is the 55mph speedlimit...the bonus is all the extra stuff I can just throw in the trailer.
We sure are lucky to live here in the USA....!

The campsites at Gull were all taken by the time I arrived so I found a campsite at Silver Lake under the view of Carson Peak.

The wind was howling that first evening so fishing was out of the question...so on to plan B...start drinking and hang out with a couple of old local friends!

The DFG meeting went well and I was out of there by noon.
This is Gull lake at sunset...I set a few Crawdad traps and trolled up a few Trout...

Nothing big on the Trout but cooked wrapped in some Meadow Farms double smoked bacon and stuffed with some vegies...WOW!

Thursday morning's sunrise was spectacular...

The clouds and rain stayed away long enough for me to pick up the Crayfish traps and troll the edge of the lake a couple of times...what a beautiful morning.
As usual the bugs were crawling and were all over the bait (chicken and cat food cans). The traps soaked overnight and were full the next morning.

There were some big ones in the traps and they tried to takeover the Hobie...I had to fight em off they were so big...!!!

I brought the catch home and we're having a big "boil" tonight. Cajun spices, corn, cellery, potatoes, artichoke, and some smoked Louisiana hot links.
YUM...I can't wait.

Driving back down Hwy 395 towards Bishop, as you come down Sherwin Summit is this view of Long Valley...the magnitude of the valley and the majesty of the Mountains beyond always blows my mind and I feel so small and just an insignificant speck on this big planet...

Last edited by Saba Slayer; 06-12-2015 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Zed
Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote