View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 02:05 PM   #56
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Got on the water about a half hour before sunrise this morning. Cool wind from the north and strong enough to produce whitecaps in the bay. Pretty uncomfortable for the first hour and then it totally glassed off. I was expecting warmer water temps (57) and warmer air temps (61) so I did not bring my waders with me. Got a little chilly in my shorts. The water was green and just a bit of red tide action. The floating eel grass and ribbon grass was not nearly as bad as my previous trips here. Worked some areas that I hadn't fished before and managed 3 butts. They all came at the peak of high tide. I suspect I'll need something bigger than this for a shot at the money on Saturday but at least I have some meat for the cooler. Off the water by 10:30. I have a couple photos but for some reason BWE is not allowing them. First time I've had that problem. Both phone and computer
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote