View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 11:39 PM   #13
ProfessorLongArms

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
Or if one does not mind going without their FF for the 2-12wks while waiting for the MFG to honor the original warranty and do the repairs.

West Marine sometimes has good sales, does price matching, and has the best-extended warranties in my area. Regardless of the fine print, every time I have brought one in, it has been a hassle-free exchange for a brand new replacement. If the unit is no longer carried, a credit towards a newer unit.
This plus one. For all the coin we throw at our fishing pursuits, I go out of my way to purchase from WestMarine on FF at the very least, and I always buy the warranty. I got two years out of my Lowrance and took it to WM just outside of manufacturer warranty when it completely bricked (Screen got all weird and finally just died).

The manager reinforced my decision by explaining they ask ZERO questions about the unit when you bring it in. They didn't troubleshoot my head unit. They didn't even check to see if the transducer was in the box or if the navionics chip was with it. You can literally say "I decided I wanted a better unit, and I'd like full credit toward my purchase on the new model that just came out" and they do it.
ProfessorLongArms is offline   Reply With Quote