View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 09:18 PM   #16
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

The thing is, that by not doing anything useful, the City Council has just prolonged the process. There are plans in place to dredge the CP and rebuild the Lifeguard tower. Assuming that this occures, it will be a very disruptive event for the seals laying on the beach at the CP. Will the the FOS figure out some way to stop this process? Will the seals leave when the noise level gets too high? Will life as we know it stop if the seals move a few hundred yards down the shoreline to a more appropriate place?

By the way, when I was a kid, all the seals all lived on Seal Rock, a short distance from the CP. They stayed away from the CP because there were too many Children at the Children's Pool. Apparently they preferred the solitude of this relatively protected spot over the constant din of kids having fun at the beach that was named in their honor.

At some point, someone in authoritiy is going to have to step up and take a stand. Hopefully that stand is on the side of reason. Apparently the current San Diego City Council does not have anyone willing to do the right thing. Does anyone know how the vote went down? If so, please post the vote results.

I no longer live in the City of San Diego but still consider La Jolla to be my home. It really pisses me off when elected officials sit back and take the easy way out in order to avoid making a decision on an important issue. This has to change.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote