Thread: Thank you!
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 08:47 AM   #6
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtyL View Post
...This is all just theater. Elaborate theater masking as science, but theater nonetheless... My guess is that between the three surviving maps, Ext A and Lapis 1 will cancel eachother out and Topaz 1 - or some version of it - will be the "meet in the middle" that was discussed so often yesterday...
I really hope you are wrong...but like you I have serious doubts. My greatest hope is based on the precedent set in the region already finished. The only thing that made any difference was massive angler turnout at the end. We got involved a little earlier, so maybe we will get better results. The proof will be in the maps presented. After talking to some of the more pro closure orgs reps in the lobby, I feel better even about Lapis 1 and kayakers. Whether it was all just lip service will be sorted out when we see the maps.

No matter how its sorted out Lapis 1 will be the worst for fishermen in general, as they will try and get it to the preferred SAT guidelines. The guidelines, and other constrainents such as Navy usage and outfall pipes really limit where MPA's can and can't go, leaving them few options to meet the guidelines. I too think what comes out of Topaz may be the BRTF preferred map. I was hoping my presentation would really get the middle ground or even proclosure people to take it easy on kayak spots.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote