View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 12:16 PM   #1
BigLouSD
Junior

08/12/17 Out with the Sea Samurai

Been wanting to kayak fish off La Jolla for some time, but with no gear and limited time it's been hard. Wanted to get some time on the water prior to making the big step of buying my own kayak to make sure I liked it. So I reserved the services of Ken "TheKid" aka The Sea Samurai so that I could learn how it's done. Arrived to La Jolla at 6:00am knowing that we were in for a long day on the water. He told me the bait would be secured early and the Yellowtail later in the day. Everything held true to form just as Kevin had said. A long day of paddling, working different depths, lots of story telling on the water, lots of wildlife to observe. A great day to say the least. Towards the end of the day I was able to reel in my very first Yellowtail after wrestling it out of the kelp. 40 inches long and estimated at 30 pounds, I think it qualifies as a quality mossback. If you want to know how it's done or maybe get some feedback to how you've been doing it versus how he does it, hook up with Kevin and secure his services, he is definitely the man!
Attached Images

BigLouSD is offline   Reply With Quote