View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 05:33 AM   #1
DPevin

Dana Point 2/4/17

Got a late start, on the water by 8. Conditions were less than ideal with the tide, wind and swell but we hadn't been out in awhile and had the day free. Thought my battery for the fish finder was charged, I guess I was wrong as I hooked it up at the truck and nada. Oh well, live and learn.

Some decently sized rollers on out way out to the red buoy at the point, but wasn't terrible. I guess the only real report I have is that making bait out there by the buoy was easy. Not sure how it will be after all this weather we will have this week, but if you all are headed out that way on a good weather window to get some of the halibut action, I'd say making bait out there wouldn't be a bad bet. Again, who knows after this weather.

Not much else to report. We were going to try for some of the halibut action but without the depth finder just stayed inside and paddled over to creek and drifted back working the kelp and whatever lobster buoys we saw. Just a couple short bites on some swimbaits. Combo swell made the paddle back pretty rough with the crossed up lines and wind picking up in the afternoon.

All in all the weather was nice and it was a good day on the water.

Good luck out there!

Last edited by DPevin; 02-08-2017 at 07:06 AM. Reason: date wrong in title
DPevin is offline   Reply With Quote