View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 06:53 AM   #11
bigbarrels

Glad to see you are OK and were carrying a sump pump and actually able to locate it and use it. To not carry a sump pump out there is playing with some serious fire. I was screwed because I couldn't reach my sump pump. If you read through the link posted by Jim there was some really cool ways that people attach their sump pumps to their kayaks. Better luck on the fishing the next time OTW!

Bob, as far as my gear, I was extremely lucky and got a complete replacement of all gear for around $325.00. Andy (Iceman) at OEX was able to work a deal out for me with Malibu for a Malibu X-13 (no sit inside bait tank)for around $325.00. I believe it was you and one other person on BWE mentioned that I should check my home owners/renters insurance. My renters insurance covered everything that was on or attached to the kayak, just not the kayak. So after I was done with my list of everything I lost I was cut a check for around $3700.00 (would of been $4200.00 but there was a $500.00 deductible). The XFActor was repaired by Andy at OEX and he did an amazing repair job! However after hearing my wife complain about three kayaks in my single car garage I ended up scrappping the XFActor after stripping all the gear and accessories off it.

Thankfully no swim to Point Loma X2. People need to carry and make sure that can access all their safety gear OTW and do frequent checks on their kayaks to avoid a swim......when the stuff is hitting the fan OTW it happens extremely quick......just my .02

Last edited by bigbarrels; 09-04-2010 at 11:58 AM.
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote