View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #7
Fiskadoro

Use it or loose it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riskey Water View Post
Looking to buy the E-Volve , broke my leg back in March,it's healed but get the tingle when peddling my Hobie Adventure .I know you're thinking to paddle more ,but that's not an option with ALL the INJURIES my body has had to suffer through with the stupidity of youth to the age of 46 .Has anyone dropped the Dime on this unit and What do you Think. Whats the true run time ,and Pros and Cons of this Unit .Thanks for your time and opinions ,Riskey

I don't know crap about the E-volve, but being an older myself, I hear a lot of that kind of stuff from my friends. That they are getting too old or that their past injuries keep them from doing things. My take is if you want to live a longer better life you have to put in the time and stay in shape. I'm on facebook now and I have all those old friends from highschool looking me up and saying hello. Most of them look like they are fifty to sixty even a hundred pounds overweight and headed straight for a nursing home. In contrast I wear the same size jeans I wore in highschool, and my last girlfreinds said the only thing that looks my age is my hands...

It's like a skateboard on level ground, if your not kicking yourself forward and putting in the effort, your loosing ground.

If your leg tingles now it's going to be a whole lot worse down the road if you quit using it. I'd say at least 60% of how we age is about mentality, how we see ourselves makes us what we are. If you think you are too old to to do the things you love you certainly will be. Basically my take is you got to push back and keep going through the pain, because once you stop you are done.

I'll admit it: I'm now fifty, but it beats the alternative and I still have a lot of years left to have fun. Keep peddling or paddling if you can, part of the beauty of this sport is it's good for you, even if it does make you sore at the end of the day.

Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote