View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 12:29 PM   #5
ProfessorLongArms

Nothing that hasn't already been said here, but I'm spoiled on fishing by pedal kayaks.

Outback for me is a perfect balance of shape/size for cruising all day at a good clip, and I tend to cover 6+ miles in a morning.
For drift fishing, I almost can't get back in a paddle kayak. I get so tired of putting the rod in the holder to move back over to the spot.

I will say for anyone considering a Revo13 (recently bought for more inshore/big surf day/diving/2nd kayak for taking friends out purposes) I was kind of amazed at how poorly they track when I'm launching/landing. I had a moment on my last trip where I was paddling hard on the right and turning right... I actually had to pull up short on a landing pass because I couldn't check myself from going sideways. Something I gotta work on for sure.

I took my scupper pro out that day so my dive buddy could use it. It was a *dream* for him. completely effortless and he was outpacing my revo (no turbo fins) without much exertion.

I'd say a paddle kayak is amazing if you get into diving.... Pedals actually cause a problem where you start chafing behind the knees in a wetsuit all day.

If there were an upgrade for me it'd be a prowler/trident. That rod pod looks so nice compared to shimmying up to the front hatch and clenching for my life.

Aside from that, I could see myself using the scupper for stuff like Halibut/WSB season.... dead sticking a mac on a carolina rig and just paddling around.
ProfessorLongArms is offline   Reply With Quote