View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #69
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
You have never posted your own fish report? Like many, I have posted quite a bit. And I have never seen anyone be presecuted for that.
I post what I can, but I'll also say I have got shit in the past for posting reports, especially about La Jolla, probably for good reason.

My only saltwater report in a good while was the SBI report and I got away with that because it's essentially harmless. No-one could get thier panties in a wad, or claim that that report ruined a bite or lead to overfishing. I post freshwater no fish reports cuz... well... I mean who cares

Bottom line: there's things you can post and things you can't, and it takes time to figure it out...

I do not post real time La Jolla reports, lobster reports with locations, or any reports with inshore white sebass bites. Sue me but I have seen the problems those types of reports cause.

Actually this thread reminds me of one from BD a while back where some guy poached a pic from this website and posted it saying: Huge Yellow On Yak Yesterday...!!!!
My response was: "You rock..... Way to poach someone else's info and broadcast it to the whole frigging world."

You'd think that was common sense. that it's bad form to steal someones info from another, and then post it on the biggest website in So.Cal. but then I got a bunch of these types of responses:

"99% of kayakers in La Jolla are also BD fans. There is no issue. Jim Day does not represent us, I wish he would shut his fxxxxxx mouth."

Some of those negative responses were from people who post here.

I guess what I'm saying here is you just can't win. People have to learn things on their own time table, and no matter what you say some jerk is probably going to have something negative to say about it. So you have to figure it out for yourself and then post what you think is right. It's weird... I mean on one hand I wish people posted more La Jolla info so I could use it, but on the other hand I know it's not a great thing to do, and there is no reason for me to expect others to post theirs when I don't post mine.

I'd say stealing a report and then posting it on another board is in bad taste. Saying you saw someone catch a fish, while you were actually out there fishing, in contrast is not the same thing, or even that big of a deal in my opinion, but that is just my take.

Jim

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 11-18-2010 at 05:21 PM.