Thread: D. Point 12/2
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 07:58 PM   #1
Southman

D. Point 12/2

Hit up Dana Point just to see what if anything might still be around. Didn't figure any YT or Ghosts would appear, but with fishing, you just never know.

On the water around 7:00 am and hit up the bait barge for some anemic looking choives, although the website said they had nice sized sardines. On the way out managed 3 small butts by the entrance to the harbor. Found the lobster buoys by the pipe and spent 2 1/2 hours working the area. Flylined some macs while dropping the chovies to the bottom.

Today was a true mixed bag.
3 butts, an 18 inch barracuda, 2 sandies, 3 calicos, and many macs. With more time I would've drifted the macs for some butts south of the harbor. Off the water by 11:30.

One question about your livewells. Do you guys have screens on your drain tubes? For the first time my drain plugged up with all the small chovies. It ended up overflowing and by the time I noticed it had filled up my rear well and sloshed over into my seat area. Not a lot fun sitting in a bunch of water with pants on. I was thinking an easy fix would be some screen material over the top of the tube.

All in all a nice day on the water.
Tight lines.
Southman is offline   Reply With Quote