View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 07:46 AM   #2
MrM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty View Post
Anyone hitting up LA Jolla on Saturday? I'm thinking of going bit never been there. Let me know if anyone wants to join. I've only fished Newport and Cabrillo so far. Where is a good place to launch from? My plan is to bring the sibiki rod, load up the live well, troll a mac, and throw my new irons with my new lexa! I'm ready to put it to work and catch my first yellow tail. Do you guys run a trap hook (treble) on your macs? Do you think that would keep the sea loins off, or just make me lose a fishing pole? ? Just curious. From my experience, the macs last quite a long time with the treble, so i figured it wouldn't hurt. Let me know if anyone is planning on going. Cheers
Launch from the beach, Avenida De La Playa is the street I believe. You can drive right on the sand if you have the right car/truck, or just park in the 15 minute area and wheel it down. The actual parking lot is north a half block or so. Showers, bathrooms, good looking women, etc.

Watch out for the MLPA area, don't fish inside the boundary. As for the trap hook, I don't. That's more of a halibut thing for me. But hey, maybe it works for someone on here. Who knows.

I'll be there with a buddy of mine, along with a million other buddies I haven't met yet.