View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #26
SteveK
Junior

PAL, {“Range isn't a Big deal"} Range or runtime is everything. I'd like to have the option of 20 miles opposed to 2miles. The evolve with its 30 min full speed run time on our test kayak just doesn’t make it, and on top of that the noise is ridiculous, it sounds like a Roots style blower on a hot rod. All of the kits we installed had major problems, one guy was stranded because the Orange plastic steering connection snapped in halve, another problem is inside the throttle control unit, there is a plate which is supposed to be spot welded but it snaps off inside. You must have received a good wiring harness, one of the ones I received just had the metal pins just pressed into the rubber grommet with NO sealant on the other end, and water could touch the pins directly. I was wondering if the wiring is Marine grade.fficeffice" />>>
The throttle control unit should be backlit for night fishing.>>
The rudder rising out of the water is dangerous and could land you up on the rocks before you know it. Once you learn the motorized kayak, you’ll use reverse just as much as forward, you want it to work properly>>
I heard that Torqeedo is increasing the size of the battery for more run time>>
You’re promoting something that you have very little experience with, and possibly don’t realize its faults.>>
The stealth serpent takes up too much room in the cockpit, it’s in the way, and you’ll have wires in your lap. If you strike something underwater how does the shaft deflect the force??>>
These are the things you should consider before purchasing any EK >>

Tight lines
Steve
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote