Thread: Fishing Fine
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #13
Yakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobsan View Post
Thanks for the posts. I will definitely go to court in hopes of having the fine reduced. I did pick up a regulations booklet and plan on memorizing the damn thing. Ignorance is no excuse, but I swore the fish was a Sculpin. My buddy was on land and warned me DFG was coming, but I didn't think I had anything to worry about since Sculpin only need to be 10". Next time I will either pretend to be deaf and keep diving or just swim away and let the Coast Guard track me down. The officer acted like he was giving me a big break for not confiscating all the gear on me and in my truck. I made an innocent mistake and am not a criminal. It's not like I was poaching abalone or taking lobsters out of season. He even searched my Omer dive vest pockets that hold lead shot weight to see if I was hiding fish filets! I am all about following the rules and protecting our resources, but damn this guy was out for blood and was really trying hard to hit his quota. F it. I am off to go pick up my Olive PA right now, so no more whining from me
GO GET YOU PA enjoy forget about the fine till it comes in the mail