View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 04:37 PM   #1
sitinsidejim
sitinsidejim

Monday the 22nd Calico city

Surf was up a little today. Very few people out today. I had a hard time making bait small spanish. Pretty slow morning. Small bonita feeding on the small anchovies. Could not get bit on bait. Started throwing the plastic along the kelp edge to see if I could get lucky and maybe get a white seabass. That never happened. Started catching the calicos. caught several of them on the plastic. Tried bait again nothing would eat the spanish. Since I could not get something on bait started trolling the fastrac to see if the right kind would hit the plug. About that time the calicos went nuts and started feeding on the small anchovies. They were jumping on the bait all over the place. You could see them doing back flips while hitting the bait. They were all over that plug I could not keep them off it. I catch one and released it and start trolling and wham there be another one on. I lost track on how many I caught on the plug it was stupid fishing. The bigger calicos would hit the plug over the plastic. Biggest one on the plug was 5lbs. with several at 2 to 3lbs. Every thing was released. I just could not get the right kind to eat today. Maybe next time. Good luck Jim.
sitinsidejim is offline   Reply With Quote