View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 01:38 PM   #13
forefrazier

Thanks for the input Josh....I was hoping you would chime in sooner or later.

The one thing I am definitely NOT wanting to do is go with the Outback. I am trying to get away from the SUV of 'yaks and keep things simpler with less gear and gain more efficiency. I appreciate your ability to spend all day on the water but most of my time spent out is early morning until about noon or so. Getting to the fishing grounds and spending more time in the "zone" has become more important to me than a dry, stable kayak. I did experiment with pedal stroke and did find there was a bit of a sweet spot and that it is not necessary to hammer the pedals all the way through their range. The boat seemed to like the quicker shorter strokes than the full long ones. Not to mention, it seemed easier on the legs with the shorter strokes. My basic thoughts at this point in making a decision are:

1. Will there be a noticable difference in speed with the Adventure over the Revo? (Either would be upgraded to turbo fins)

2. Will I experience a difference in stabilty with the Revo over the Adventure? Is this something I would get used to over time anyway and should not be of concern?

3. If the Revo is almost as fast and I will not notice much difference, will loading and transporting the longer Adventure be a pain after a while?

I would like to make a decision soon so that I can still find a 2008 model before the price increase hits for the 2009's.

-SF
forefrazier is offline   Reply With Quote