View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 02:56 PM   #19
Freedom Fytah
Junior

All those boats you mentioned should be just fine.

I have a Kraken and I absolutely love this kayak. It is very versatile for me and serves as a “Jack of all trades” boat. The Kraken has the ability to be rigged for any water as I use it for river fishing, small ponds, SD Bay and ocean. It’s a pretty well thought out rig with the amount of track options/rod holders it comes with. There’s really no need to drill into this boat. She is also relatively nimble for 13.5 feet.

I have two other boats including a Hobie. However, I prefer this ride through bigger surf (not as pictured!). There’s less to deal with (rudder/Mirage Drive) through the surf and kelp. I can get everything under the deck, like my center catch bag, and the center hatch is open to the front. It paddles great rudderless and I can go over the kelp with ease and no snags.

This Kraken has also been down the Lower Colorado River on 5 day camping trips and it had room to spare.

Lastly, as a bonus, it also has just enough stability for me to stand-up fish in, considering the water isn’t rolling cross swells.

I’m not a Jackson salesman nor am I a pro like a lot of local LJ kayak anglers, but I do love this boat and have nothing bad to say about it (minus not having a molded cup holder for my cerveza).

Good luck and look forward to hearing what you end up with!

See you on da’ water…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jackson_Kraken.jpg (134.8 KB, 150 views)
Freedom Fytah is offline   Reply With Quote