View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 05:54 AM   #13
Cronus
Cheat to win

I get it dude, the break wall at CIH is very slow most times. I see a lot of guys just doing a hali drift along the wall on the inside but that is slow most days as well. I have done it a couple of times but not gotten a bite. You will see the guys standing on the break wall catching more than anyone else, its funny. I am on a Feelfree Lure 13.5 and it is a heavy ass barge as well. I do use a small trolling motor on it when I go from the harbor and just cruise around trolling a lot. I just picked up some new techniques while fishing out of Leo with luck but it was an amazing day and an empty hook probably would have caught something. I didnt catch anything until my 4th trip on my kayak and that was rough because I kill it in trout fishing.

I have fished with Roscoe a few times and enjoy his company when we go out. We have shared bait and stories but have never had too much action on those days. I think most people have stopped posting of when they are going as a lot of people dont show up who say they will. But for me, I usually always fish alone so if people show or not its not a problem. I guess I should post more of when I plan to go so us Ventura peeps can group up better. I am a bit of a salt water rookie but just love being on the water.

And the key to Leo is a good sand cart. I used to have one with wide plastic wheels and it was like pulling a plow across the beach fighting for every inch. I almost gave up all together. I bought some wheeleez and made my own kart and I can now pull it with one hand and not much effort. Most of the other good spots I cannot attempt due to the weight of my kayak. I was thinking of getting an old used light one for those days but havent yet, not much room for two kayaks at home. You also should not attempt Leo if it shows anything much over 2 feet surf. I will go from the harbor before getting my ass pounded on the rocks there.

I live in Simi but work in Oxnard, Haas, wouldnt mind some after work fishing in these warm summer afternoons if anyone is interested. This weekend does not look the best for fishing, waves are looking bigger than I like at Leo. So far I have only fished Leo, CIH, Ventura Harbor, and Rincon Island once with Roscoe. He had to help me get my yak over the rocks for launch, could not do that alone.

If I see someone is posting a local spot for me I always try to go. I am doing a boat load of work remodeling my house right now but that deserves breaks to fish when needed. I'll do more to post when I plan on going, my name is Mike.
Cronus is offline   Reply With Quote