View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 05:22 PM   #4
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

I almost got run over once. Minding my own business drifting out by the red buoy at Dana Point headbands when I saw this boat on plane heading at me from the harbor about a mile away with lights flashing. I thought it was CG or the Sheriff so I sorta stayed put, besides I couldn't tell which way to paddle until he got closer, so I kept myself perpendicular to him so I could paddle forward or backward out of his path as needed. I tried waving my paddle hoping he'd see me but no luck as he stayed straight towards me. As he got close enough for me to judge which way to go, I got about 5 good back strokes in and just about 10-15 feet out of his path and then proceeded to brace for his wake. I started yelling at him as he passed me, which is when I saw his head pop up from below deck as he turned the boat away quickly and was yelling "Sorry bro, I didn't see you on radar". Irony is that it was the BoatsUS vessel assist boat speeding to help another boater.

I guess that's my I almost died story Keep your head on a swivel out there Harry.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote