View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 04:05 PM   #31
lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red sled View Post
Thank you for the review and pictures.

Can you share more information on bounce ball fishing technique?
Masta Da Goose has said it the best - ball bouncing is simply slow trolling the lower water column. It is mostly done with the heavy led ball, 1lbs +, depending on the depth, or a current. You then may have dodger (not a flasher, ask Rick ) to give proper irresistible action to your favorite artificial lure (or live bait). You may not have the dodger at all, in the past I've been mostly doing it without a dodger (I would quickly get frustrated with the tangles). I believe there's something to be said about that thump of a led ball, ringing dinner bell for halibut. I'll try to write up some more about ball bouncing as I get more time to actually do it, hopefully hang some brown.

Don't miss Rick's article - http://www.bestofbiggame.com/BounceballTips.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
The review mention that the bait tank hatch seal worked pretty good. Do you think this seal would be water tight if the space was used for dry storage? Does the seal need to be fine tuned? Anyway.. great review and great looking yaks! This has got the wheels turning in my head. How do you hide a 14 foot kayak so your wife doesn't know you bought another yak?

Rolo
The hatch really seemed to seal pretty good. I had the tank full of water and bait, and I was intentionally rocking the boat to see if the water would be leaking on the sides. You ought to be able to use it for a dry storage, but I would still keep the water sensitive stuff in the dry bag, just like you would do in any other kayak hatch.

BTW, this was my catch that day...

full moon + high tides = back bay clean up, all sorts of crap floating.