View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 05:29 PM   #83
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPukaShell View Post
That is what I am trying to do. I live in Ventura County so it is not a trip around the corner to get to the border. If there is a place it can be done online, by mail or phone that someone knows about it would be appreciated. Have passport, & fishing License taken care of. Vehicle insurance will be done tomorrow.
If we all stay in the LEFT lane we could all stop at the border, you will have to follow behind me through the same inspection booth, it will be tuff to stay together, as soon as you go through customs booth we have ONE SHORT block to all stop and park on the left side of street. those needing FMM get them and come outside and make sure we all know you are ready. We will have less than 1/2 short block to cross 3 lanes of traffic to take right at light. Once across light you must stay together through traffic lights. If separated you will have to catch up. I will stay as slow as possible so it is easier. 10 miles down the road we can stop and make sure everyone is still with us. It might work out all right if we all say in a tight group but lead truck cannot see very far behind. I cannot tell if you missed the light

OR maybe you could drive to San Diego a day early and get it and have it stamped in TJ. Get it for 6 months have it stamped and you are done. We all meet up early the following morning at Johnny's shell station in El Cajon. That way we have less trouble going through Mexicali.

OR we could cross at TJ much easier to get FMM there because no traffic problem, lots of parking. Then travel from TJ through Tecate to San Filipe, a few miles longer this way and maybe an hour longer traveling Mexico roads in the dark which I prefer not to do.

Please print out a copy of driving directions on other sticky.

So as I see it those are the choices, maybe someone else has other ideas. I travel the route on the 8 to Mexicali bacause the driving before daylight is done in the USA we cross border at daylight so as not to drive MEXICO in the dark.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 09-24-2015 at 05:40 PM.
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote