View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 05:24 AM   #2
pingpangdang

I have seen more success on the dropper as of recent. Most tails landed just immediately west of the mpa. Even saw a pb get one on the bottom there when most people just stop for bait...that one was a late tail around noon. I got busted off on the bottom yesterday around 8...didn't have my drag locked down and gave him too much swimtime. I was trying for wsb so my drag was light.star drag. Should of thumbed it to get a couple cranks. i would love to see underwater footage of a tail busting off on the bottom. Knots were good 50lb mono spider hitch dropper. Line all roughed up. Caught me off guard and fumbled.

Also I've been foul hooking squid on a salas 6x. Reports of tails stuffed with squid recently. I think a lot of folks are live lining so there are less reports...that was the ticket a while ago. Try dropper instead between the cove and the bump. May not need to hit the nwc. Temps going up again compaired to the not so great weather of recent. Might have more success on the fly soon but as you can see the bait isn't as thick as it was a while back.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
pingpangdang is offline   Reply With Quote