View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 07:35 PM   #5
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Winfrey View Post
You got guts Harry. I yaked Silverwood once. I only fished the marina area because the crazy boaters and jet skiers scared the crap out of me. I figured at least 50% of them had a measurable blood alcohol level. Managed only one cat. I have gotten nice strikers from the shore there though.
the guys in the power boats are pretty crazy, especially crossing the water ski area. Paddling back and fighting the wind I almost got run over by a guy in a rental boat, he was busy looking at something on the motor and never looked where he was going. I was debating in my head whether I would dive in or let the boat hit the yak, I'm afraid if I'm in the water the prop will get me. Luckily at the last minute he looked up and steered away from the collision, he yelled at me like I was the one causing the problem. I think I'll start carrying an air horn, this was the second time I've had a boat bear down on me. Silverwood is great when the stripers are biting but you have to fish when they stock trout or you won't get stripers.