View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 05:46 AM   #1
Kaijuu
"Floater"

Sandies Sandies Sandies @ a Calico

went out of O'side yesterday. Got out early (for me) about 6:30 am. Went to the closest spot and dropped a plastic, Bit! Stayed like that for a few hours.

Most all were Sandies, all released. Many shorts. Got 1 Calico, also short.

Then there's the Flat-Fish. What can I say, I'm the man. Caught this slab on my sabiki while trying to catch bait down low. I could barely hoist it to the surface but I did. I would guesstimate the weight (cause I don't have a scale) (at least small enough to register this behemoths grandeur) to be in the neighborhood of .125 oz / 1/8 oz.. Hard to believe huh! But I have a photo to back it up. (No calling bullshist on this one).

I took the photo with the fish in front of my reel so you could see the relationship between the two. Impressive if I say so. I would say ALMOST 3" long. (another astounding figure I know).

I entertained the thought of fresh Sushi, all I needed was some wasabi and soy sauce. Just dip him in and drop him down my throat. No need for overly sharp knives. This ones bite sized.

Overall a nice day, calm with light winds and big swell changing to a bit stirred up with 10+ winds. 63 degree water. As you can see in the photo, the water was crystal clear!

Lots, I mean lots of bait in the water. Porpoises, birds, current breaks etc...

The big question: What color plastic worked best.

The small answer: ALL
Attached Images

Last edited by Kaijuu; 03-30-2011 at 06:02 AM.
Kaijuu is offline   Reply With Quote