View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 09:47 AM   #11
_Obed
Bird nest master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS View Post
Hopefully that is the case. I have only used my RV-100 all in one transducer once and it had good resolution to 130 feet. I will try to take it out this weekend to some deeper depths and see how much clarity it can produce.

If I can take some screen grabs I will.

Thanks for your insight Obed - as I said, I'm not an expert at all, just someone who did a ton of research before making the same plunge as the OP trying to buy what would work best for me.

I do know with the Lowrance if you want 3D structure scan you need a separate transducer and black box computer and still maintain the 50/200 transducer most of us have already. That is why I chose the one I did.

The RayMarine RV-100 has 3D, Down, Side and Chirp all in the one transducer - but it is huge and sticks below the scupper mount about 1-2 inches even with the BerleyPro set up - so it adds a level of complexity with beaching the kayak and loading it up.
Yeah man same here. I researched before the buy but time otw is what will teach you to dial in and really weigh out what you actually use over the extras. Evrrything in one ducer sounds pristine but i strayed away from the extra processor. Everything i use is built in so i love the simplicity of the unit. Plug in and play

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
_Obed is offline   Reply With Quote