Thread: Slam Down
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 06:07 PM   #3
Baja_Traveler

Yes - Mako Bob didn't bother to show up...

...Shotgun Launch at 6:45am, Conditions were awesome and Bites were often enough to keep it interesting all day. Limited out on rockfish, lost count of all the Blue Bass I caught - maybe 25 or 30. Tried throwing a big 7" swimbait for a lingcod, but it was not to be - did catch the biggest kelp bass I've ever caught on it though. Didn't catch any of the target species that got the points for the tournament, the locals pretty much cleaned up in that respect. All day long we heard whales making blows and just milling around feeding. Outside the kelp there was literal tons of bait fish top to bottom - in places the fish finder could not even meter the bottom it was so thick - all feeding on the red tide. Water was cleaner inside where we were fishing though, yet still a little bit brown from whatever plankton was in bloom. The cookout was fantastic, and I had my usual success in the raffle (big fat zero to show for my 100 bucks, but it all goes to charity so no worries there). Wife had a great time golfing next door at Dairy Creek Golf Course, and walking the shops in Cambria.

Wanted to thank Robert and Serop for lending me tackle that works and allowing me to tag along. It was great hanging out at camp too - it was nice having the trailers back-to-back..

Last edited by Baja_Traveler; 09-18-2017 at 06:31 AM.
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote