View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
KatFish

Note to self! Listen to my hubby : (

Here it goes! We ran out of bait about 2:30 or so and decided to head home. So we all head into the Shelter Island boat dock. We always get off on the dock so we don't scratch the bottom getting out of the boat launch and we don't get sand everywhere going from the beach. Ok well I'm on the dock with the hubby and he pulls all his gear and goes to get the truck. I pull mine out onto the dock. I then proceed to put my wheels on and not paying attention my net bag with my biggest butt yet (26 inches) into the water sinking to the bottom! Within seconds my two poles I had laid on the dock concrete wall thing.....
Well from me moving around trying to get my fish, it made the dock go up and down and one of my poles fell in and as I went to get it before it fell too far I had stepped on my other pole breaking it! (hes always telling the kid NOT to set the poles there)
Holy shit batman! Murphy's law was in full
affect!!!!

By now I'm freaking out cuz
I KNOW THE HUBBY'S gonna KILL ME!
1)lost pole
2)broken pole
3)lost dinner
Thank god when he took all his stuff the grabbed my mirage drive peddles : )
cuz I might have ran away pretending someone kidnapped me lmfao. Yes all his happened within the five minutes it took for him to pull up with the truck!
So my friend is trying to help me look for the pole and net and a guy in a wetsuit who was on a jet ski jumped in to help find them but got nervous cuz it was deeper then he tought. BY this time he arrives with the truck and my friand tells him what happened and
he laughs comes over to the dock where I am and grabs my gaff and ties some string to it. He starts tossing my gaff out to find the pole after a
couple of tries get gets my pole. So then he starts looking for he net that has the butt in it and after a couple of tosses the accidentally let go the string that has my gaff on it. So the gaffs rope was close to the top he says jump in and grab it! I said no you!
So I said Fuck it I'll jump so I did and got freaked out cuz seaweed went around my neck and the rope was gone. So I swim back to dock and he helped me out and I cut my shin on something! So I sat on the dock not sure weather to laugh or cry : (
The hubby goes to he truck I get something.
Meanwhile a guy in a boat who just docked took out his pole and put a treble hook on it and on the second toss he got my net with the butt yeah so by his time the hubby has his pole and starts to fish for my gaff after a couple of tries he got it. I am walking away with everything but my PRIDE! Its crazy how shit can go down so quick! Now lets hope I don't get food posioning from dinner!!! Hope you get a kick out of this I know my HUSBAND did!

Attached Images

KatFish is offline   Reply With Quote