View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 09:36 AM   #15
Bluewater Jon
Author & yakker

Jon Schwartz did it

Hi this is Jon Schwartz, I just did it.
Thanks for all the hard work you guys have been putting in. I teach my kids all about marine conservation in my third grade class, and they are way into environmentally friendly approaches to fishing like kayak fishing. I mean, they're into fishing in general cuz that's all I talk about, but they dig how yakkers leave a clean wake and are very conscientious.

They know all about bottom trawling, shark finning, and and other destructive forms of "fishing", and they know all about how cool it is to kayak fish. In fact I went out with a yakker last weekend and he donated some halibut to my class, which we used to do a day of hands-on science, and then the meat went to me and some of the class moms.

I've even taken some of them to La Jolla to yak during a WFO YT bite, and with the help of some BWE members put one kid and his gramps on a nice YT.

Maybe I should have my kids write letters. The only prob with that is that I could get in trouble with my boss for getting political...
Anyway, thanks again guys and I hope my letters/emails, even though they are only .0000001% of the effort y'all are putting in, are helpful.
Take care
Jon Schwartz
http://www.bluewaterjon.com/
Bluewater Jon is offline   Reply With Quote