Thread: Dead Sticking
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 12:51 PM   #13
TheBentRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I am probably the most unorthodox fisherman you will ever meet...........40', 60', 150'............I have been fishing the same setup for many, and I mean many years, I fish 65# spectra, 40# mono or fluoro and an 8oz sinker.

If you were to look inside my kayak tackle box you'd find nothing more than a small roll of 40# fishing line, hooks (J, circle and treble) and a bunch of 8oz sinkers. Well, that and a snickers wrapper and some other items that I'd prefer to not mention. Every so often I might toss a mega bait or a flat fall jig or maybe even cast some iron but its rare. I've been pretty successful with the same setup so why change it?

I see a lot of guys get frustrated when they're not catching what they're looking for, they will throw every lure that they have in the water. When I'm not catching I take that as an opportunity to scout out other locations.
I just hate dead sticking. When I have focused on deadsticking, nothing! When I just put one out there and just zigzag through an area, I have done okay, but the snags are frustrating as heck. Also, I can bust off 40# in the Hobie, but the Trident, I worry about taking a swim. lol So, I only dead stick in the Hobie with heavy line. Otherwise I just use 25# I have been thinking about 40# on the sinker and main line. With the leader at 25.

Here is one of my favorite Halibut string (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...libut+question)
TheBentRod is offline   Reply With Quote